The MS in Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics (APPLY) is an intensive full-time Master degree program aiming to educate aspiring engineers and managers in the end-to-end value chain of applying research and development process and practices in CFD area: from understanding the needed elements of Mathematics, Physics, modelling and programming, to fully apply CFD tools and practices in industry at large.
In terms of structure, all students will attend a set of compulsory and elective courses. A thesis or an industry placement will cap their progress through the program and lead to the award of the MSc degree.
The APPLY Master program aims to incorporate a diverse set of teaching elements combining therotical and practical sessions, including case studies and industry-based projects.
The MSc programme is expected to cover the following main subjects:
- Core CFD knowledge focusing on numerical methods, high performance computing, fluid dynamics and heat transfer
- Simulation technique and computational approaches.
- Experiment data collection and post processing
- Environmental flows in urban, inland and coastal environments
- Physics of multiphase flows
- Modelling and simulation of energy systems
During the first half of the project, the APPLY partnership finalised the main structure consisting of: