The following information provides a simple overview of what happens to your personal data when you visit our website. Personal data are all data with which you can be personally identified. Information on data protection can be found in our detailed data protection declaration below this text.
Through this page we provide you with information regarding:
About us and our role regarding your personal information.
Which personal information we process.
Why we process your personal information.
How long we will store your personal information.
Which are the possible recipients of your personal information.
To which countries or international organizations we intent to transfer your information.
How we will process your personal information.
Which are your rights regarding your personal information processed by us.
How you can exercise your rights regarding your personal information processed by us.
About us and our role regarding your personal information
The project “A new Master Course in Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics” (APPLY) is approved and co-funded by the European Union Erasmus+ ??2 Capacity building in the field of Higher Education programme. APPLY establishes a multi-stakeholder partnership, comprising of 7 partners in Asia and 5 EU partners. It develops a master’s degree that combines a high-order overview of computational methods and fluid mechanics with real-life engineering problems in the three most rapidly growing economies of Asia, i.e. India, Thailand and Malaysia.
The organization responsible for the development and maintenance of the project website and authorized to communicate on behalf of the consortium in matters related to this website is Research Innovation and Development Lab – ReadLab, Greece. The relevant web manager is Mr. Petros Chondros and can be reached at: [email protected].
The postal address of Research Innovation and Development Lab – ReadLab is:
10 Kraterou str., 15771 Zografou – Athens Greece, att. Mr Petros Chondros (e-mail: [email protected]).
The APPLY project, as the operator of this website, is acting as a controller regarding the personal information you are providing through this web site. Personal data means any information relating to a natural person (‘data subject’) who can be identified, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This information could be a name and last name of a person, an email address etc.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We always treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the data protection regulations and this data protection declaration.
Personal information we process
- If you only use our website for information purposes (i.e. access and viewing), i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, certain information is automatically sent to the server by which the website is kept available by the internet browser used on your device. This information is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system. Under no circumstances do we use the aforementioned data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
- Cookies are stored on your device when you use our website, only if they are selected. Cookies – are small files, that a browser receives on the user‘s device (computer, phone or tablet) from a website that the user visits and is stored on the user‘s device. Cookies are used to improve functionality, for advertising, statistics and analysis (used to distinguish between the visitor and the workplace, to provide more relevant content, to collection information by analyzing website traffic, collecting statistics). In other words, cookies allow a website to remember information about a user‘s browsing habits, actions and setting.
In this specific website only the following cookies are used:
|NECESSARY COOKIES (always enabled)|
|Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.|
|NON-NECESSARY COOKIES (not enabled unless selected by user)|
|Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 Years, Third party|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.||24 hours, Third party|
|_gat||This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.||1 minute, Third party|
|Cookielawinfo-checkbox- necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The purpose of this cookie is to check whether or not the user has given the consent to the usage of cookies under the category ‘Necessary’.||1 hour, Third party||GDPR Cookie Consent|
|Cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||This cookie keeps track of which cookies the user approved.||1 minute, Third party||GDPR Cookie Consent|
|Pll_language||This cookie remembers the language selected by the user when he/she comes back to visit again the website. This cookie is also used to get the language information when not available in another way.||1 year, Third party||Polylang|
- When using the Contact form at https://apply-project.eu/contact/, the following information is processed by us:
- Email address
- Our website provides access, through the links displayed at the bottom of each page to the APPLY Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram). We do not retain any information on this action.
Why we process your personal information
We process your personal information provided to us as mentioned above for the following reasons:
- Information regarding your visit to the website. This information is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system.
- Cookies are stored on your device when you use our website. More information can be found above. Depending on the choices you make during the relevant cookie function consent, the use of the cookies are: necessary for the correct operation of the website and your visit and non-necessary (analytics, cookie consent and choice of language).
- Your Name, Email address, Subject, Message if you choose to contact us through the contact form, to provide feedback on your Message.
- We manage our social media ourselves. If you send us a private or direct message via social media, it will not be shared with any other organisations. We see all this information and decide how we manage it. For example, if you send a message via social media that needs a response from us, we may process it as an enquiry or a complaint. When contacting us through a social media platform, we suggest you also familiarise yourself with the privacy information of that platform.
How long we will store your personal information
We will store the information provided under A, B, C and D, based on our quality procedures for no more than three (3) years (the duration of the project).
Which are the possible recipients of your personal information
The information provided to us by you will be stored in the main information system and will be kept in a need-to-know basis.
Access to the data may be provided to authorized personnel of each partner of the APPLY project, to the European Union (staff relevant to the European Projects ERASMUS+), to the national authorities of each country (should need arise), to the website administrator, to the platform support company and the platform and infrastructure host.
In case it is necessary for your information to be shared with others, we will inform you accordingly.
To which countries or international organizations we intent to transfer your information
The countries that will receive your personal information are:
Greece, Spain, United Kingdom, Thailand, Malaysia, India.
How we will process your personal information
We will collect, record, structure, store, consult, use, disseminate or otherwise make available, restrict, erase or destruct the personal data acquired by you through our website based on the above-mentioned principles while serving the specific processing purposes.
We will not use your information for profiling or for automated decision-making.
Which are your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data retained or the restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, simply by
- filling in the Contact form at https://apply-project.eu/contact/ and adding the text “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the message field or
- by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link on the received newsletter or by sending an e-mail to [email protected] with the title “WITHDRAW CONSENT”.
The legality of the data processing carried out before the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The responsible supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, which you can contact at the following link: https://www.dpa.gr
More contact information:
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
Kifissias 1-3, PC 115 23
Telephone: +30-210 6475600
E-mail: [email protected]
How you can exercise your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
You can contact us any time, through
- the Contact form at https://apply-project.eu/contact/
- the post at the postal address of the website manager:
10 Kraterou str., 15771 Zografou – Athens Greece, att. Mr Petros Chondros.
- e-mail to the website manager: [email protected].
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.